[CnD] Measuring 1/8 of a teaspoon

ajackson212 at att.net ajackson212 at att.net
Mon Feb 6 16:03:46 GMT 2012

Hi, Charles,

Some sets of measuring spoons have a 1/8 teaspoon.  If you don't have one, you can use a scant 1/4 teaspoon, or a good pinch.  I gave that measurement of nutmeg as an approximation, since the flavor in this recipe is a matter taste.  The purpose of nutmeg in a cream gravy is to enhance the other flavors, not stand out on its own.

You can leave it out, but I think it tastes better with a little nutmeg.  Also, to clarify:  are you asking about the nutmeg in the Swedish Meatballs recipe?

Thanks,
Alice