[CnD] Italian wedding soup recipe

Nancy Martin nancyam1111 at att.net
Tue Feb 14 04:18:00 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

I got this recipe from my Mom a couple of years ago. The best endorsement I
can give it is that I don’t get tired of the leftovers. My notes are at the
bottom of this message. This recipe is quite flexible. You can make any
changes according to your preference. I hope this recipe is understandable.
Write me if you have questions.

One pound ground beef, browned and drained

One cup chopped onion

Two cloves garlic, minced

One 26.5-ounce jar Ragu chunky garden spaghetti sauce

One can condensed beef broth

Two cups water

One cup chopped celery

One tsp sugar

One tsp salt

½ tsp black pepper

Bring these ingredients to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes
stirring occasionally.

If you want to make this ahead, or freeze this, do so at this point in the
recipe. Thaw or bring the soup to room temperature and finish by adding the
next few ingredients.

One can Ro-tel tomatoes

One shredded carrot

One can Great Northern beans

One can red Kidney beans

Two cups cooked pasta

Simmer ten minutes.

If you prefer, you could use ground turkey

Since I very seldom cook with garlic, I buy minced garlic in a jar. One
teaspoon of this minced garlic equals one clove. One clove garlic is equal
to 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.

Since I can’t find condensed beef broth in the store, I use a regular sized
can and one cup water.

I use the 10-ounce can of RoTel but you can use a bigger can or one of their
spicy varieties.

Since I prefer less broth, I add dry pasta to the soup. I simmer it until
the beans soften and the pasta is thoroughly cooked stirring fairly often.

Enjoy,

Nancy Martin

Oklahoma