[CnD] LIMONCELLO

Becky Griffith rebeccawelz at astound.net
Tue Feb 14 04:20:28 GMT 2012

Hi Kimberley,

Here is a recipe I will do with all our extra lemons.  I give this drink
away to friends because it makes quite a bit. I also make the following
recipe and blend it with frozen mixed berries because it makes a great
summer-time drink.  A bottle in the fridge will last for at least 2 years.

Becky
LIMONCELLO

Yield:  7 cups

Ingredients:
10	lemons
1 (750-ml) bottle vodka
3 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups sugar

Directions:
Using a vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the lemons in long strips
(reserve the lemons for another use). Using a small sharp knife, trim away
the white pith from the lemon peels; discard the pith. Place the lemon peels
in a 2-quart pitcher. Pour the vodka over the peels and cover with plastic
wrap. Steep the lemon peels in the vodka for 4 days at room temperature.
Stir the water and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat until the
sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool completely. Pour the sugar syrup over
the vodka mixture. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight. Strain
the Limón cello through a mesh strainer. Discard the peels. Transfer the
Limón cello to bottles. Seal the bottles and refrigerate until cold, at
least 4 hours and up to 1 month.