[CnD] Fwd: [C-F] RE: Valentine's Day Red Velvet Cake, with Cream Cheese Frosting

Claudia cdelreal1973 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 14 23:56:53 GMT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[C-F] RE: Valentine's Day Red Velvet Cake,with Cream Cheese
Frosting
Date: 	Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:03:50 -0600
From: 	Claudia <cdelreal1973 at sbcglobal.net>
To: 	cooking-friends at yahoogroups.com

cookHi,

I made this just now. I will be frosting it a little bit later.
Here are my questions, though.
Why would you need the white vinegar? Would it be for the food coloring
to adhere better, to the cake?
What difference does it make, if you have the buttermilk or not?
I did not add either the white vinegar or the buttermilk because I did
not have them.
The batter tastes great, however.
I made this in a bunt pan.

The cream cheese frosting is in the refrigerator, and I have never
really tried frosting a cake, so we'll see how this goes.

Claudia