[CnD] Cabbage taco soup
annagalassi at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 17 15:30:32 GMT 2012
Cabbage Taco Soup
8 ounces extra lean ground turkey or beef
1 3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cup hot water
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
6 ounces red kidney beans rinsed and drained
4 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1. In a large skillet sprayed with olive-oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
2. Spray a slow cooker container with olive oil or flavored cooking spray.
3. In prepared container, combine tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning, Splenda,
and parsley flakes.
4. Add kidney beans, cabbage, and onion.
5. Mix well to combine.
6. Stir in browned meat.
7. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
8. Mix well before serving.
More information about the Cookinginthedark