[CnD] kraut and sausage in a crock pot?

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Sat Feb 18 02:37:37 GMT 2012

When I do this I use a couple of cans of diced new potatoes  in the bottom,
with the kraut in the next layer. I mix in a tablespoon of peppercorns into
the kraut, as my favorite restaurant for this type of cuisine does this.
Then I lay the sausages on top. If I'm using canned kraut I also cut up an
apple to help remove some of the metallic taste, but since you're using a
jar you shouldn't have any problem I pour the sauerkraut into the pot juice
and all, draining it after the fact. It provides more flavor that way.