[CnD] Would like a recipe that someone has tried Flakey Pie Pastry

Jean Marcley jmarcley at juno.com
Sat Feb 18 04:33:54 GMT 2012

Here's mine:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I add about another tablespoon or two)
3 tbs. cold milk

blend flour, sugar and salt;
add oil and mik and blend with fork until it's all blended and feels pretty
much like pie dough (smile)

Press it into a pie plate and finish the edges with a fork for a single
crust pie.  Either fill and bake or prick with fork in about 2 dozen places
along the sides and bottom and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
OR
roll out with rolling pin between two pieces of plastic wrap
Do not handle this too much or it gets tough, as is true with most pie crust
recipes.
I have another one, but it's not as easy to handle, but it comes out perfect
every single time.
Jean
jmarcley at juno.com