[CnD] Softening butter

Allison Fallin afallin at cox.net
Sun Feb 19 19:35:29 GMT 2012

Hello,
I'd like suggestions about softening butter.  I use soft
margarine, but my husband likes butter.  Usually I use the Land O
Lakes butter that is spreadable right from the fridge, but we
were given some regular butter by friends who got it free and
don't use butter.  I know it can't be left out or it will get
rancid, but it's way too hard to spread right out of the fridge.
I nuked it for 20 seconds, and it softened, but some of it
melted, which wasn't what I had in mind.  Other than doing it for
slightly less time, does anyone have any suggestions?
   Allison Fallin