[CnD] Softening butter

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Sun Feb 19 20:02:45 GMT 2012

There is a special butter holder that consists of a crockery jar and a lid
that has a dish affixed to the bottom of it. The dish holds about a third of
a stick, so about a sixth of a cup, and you put a third a cup of water in
the crock to protect the butter. This keeps it fresh. I have one, though I
have yet to use it as I haven't needed spreadable butter since I got it for
Yule, but my dad has one, and we used it for Yule dinner and it worked
wonderfully.