[CnD] Sauer Kraut In A Crock Pot

Charles Rivard wee1sman at fidnet.com
Tue Feb 21 12:49:11 GMT 2012

Firstly, I won't be boiling the food.  It'll be in a crock pot.

Secondly, why would I want to sweeten sour?? kraut??  As the name implies,
it's supposed to be sour, not sweet.  My German Grandmother used to say that
if you bite into it, and you don't make a face, it's not good sour kraut,
and I totally agree with her.

No potato, no apple, just kraut and Bratworst for dinner tonight.  Things
have come up every day I was going to fix this, and, I'm going to do so
today if I have to stay up till midnight to eat the stuff.  I've been
craving it.  You know how it goes?  When you crave a particular food,
nothing else satisfies.  (grin)