[CnD] (no subject)

Tom Dickhoner tdickhoner at fuse.net
Wed Feb 22 14:26:55 GMT 2012


When will we ever stop putting people down, name calling, and such. This is getting way out of hand. Let's go with recipes with regard to food.

I try to put a subject line in my messages. Some people forget, and that's okay.

If we would just give recipes, ask questions, and do what the motorator says, we will be better off.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Rivard <wee1sman at fidnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:45 AM
To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] (no subject)

And where is the subject line, again? and again? and again?

---
Shepherds are the best beasts, but Labs are a close second.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Anna" <annagalassi at sasktel.net>
To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: [CnD] (no subject)


> Where is the name of the recipe?
> Anna
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "gail johnson" <mama-gail at samobile.net>
> To: <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:44 AM
> Subject: [CnD] (no subject)
>
>
>>
>> Light and easily digested, yet satisfying and nutritious, this easy low 
>> fat crockpot soup recipe is the perfect meal in a bowl.
>> Prep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 5 - 6 hr
>> 8 Servings
>> Ingredients:
>> 1/2 cup quinoa
>> 3/4 cup uncooked small red lentils (masoor dhal)
>> Optional: 1 Tbsp olive oil (Not optional in my opinion)
>> 2 large carrots
>> 2 stalks celery
>> 1 small head cauliflower OR 2 medium potatoes or OR 1 med. zucchini OR 1 
>> small butternut squash
>> 1 bay leaf
>> 2 inch piece cinnamon stick
>> 2 thin slices fresh ginger (about 1/2 inch piece peeled first)
>> 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded
>> 6 cups water or unsalted soup stock
>> 1/2 tsp ground cumin
>> 1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
>> 1/2 tsp turmeric
>> 1/2 tsp paprika
>> 1/2 tsp ground coriander
>> 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaf or 1 sprig fresh
>> 1 tsp dried basil or 1 Tbsp minced fresh
>> 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves or 1 sprig fresh
>> 1/2 tsp salt or to taste and fresh ground black pepper
>> 4 Tbsp minced fresh herbs: parsley, cilantro or basil
>> 2 cups chopped fresh greens: kale, chard, or spinach
>> More Heat: Add 1/2 - 1 tsp green curry paste OR 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
>> Crockpot Directions:
>> Rinse the quinoa and red lentils in a bowl or pan, then drain into a 
>> colander
>> Peel the carrots, slice lengthwise, then slice in thin pieces
>> Wash and trim the celery stalks, then slice crosswise in thin pieces
>> Break or cut the cauliflower into large chunks - these will break up into 
>> smaller pieces as they cook
>> Combine olive oil, quinoa, lentils, herbs & spices, fresh ginger and 
>> jalapeno in the crockpot
>> Add the vegetables, except for the optional greens, and cover with the 6 
>> cups water
>> Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or more if needed
>> 20 minutes before serving, turn the heat up to high and stir in optional 
>> greens
>> Just before serving, add the minced fresh parsley, basil or cilantro, 
>> salt & pepper, and serve, removing the ginger slices, bay leaves, 
>> cinnamon stick, as you come across them
>> Stovetop Directions:
>> Heat oil in large sauce pan on medium
>> In a separate pan, bring to a boil: water or stock, quinoa, lentils, bay 
>> leaf, cinnamon stick, ginger slices, jalapeno
>> Saute the veggies except for greens 10 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, 
>> turmeric, fennel and paprika and stir until heated and veggies are coated
>> Stir in the quinoa and lentils, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 
>> minutes. Add the optional greens. Cover and cook 5 more minutes or until 
>> greens are wilted.
>> Stir in the fresh parsley, basil or cilantro, salt & pepper, and serve
>> Cooking Tips
>> To speed up cooking, preheat the crockpot on high, bring everything to a 
>> boil in another pot, add to the crockpot and cook on high for 2 - 3 
>> hours.
>> Heat oil in large sauce pan on medium
>> In a separate pan, bring to a boil: water or stock, quinoa, lentils, bay 
>> leaf, cinnamon stick, ginger slices, jalapeno
>> Saute the veggies except for greens 10 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, 
>> turmeric, fennel and paprika and stir until heated and veggies are coated
>> Stir in the quinoa and lentils, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 
>> minutes. Add the optional greens. Cover and cook 5 more minutes or until 
>> greens are wilted.
>> Stir in the fresh parsley, basil or cilantro, salt & pepper, and serve
>> Cooking Tips
>> To speed up cooking, preheat the crockpot on high, bring everything to a 
>> boil in another pot, add to the crockpot and cook on high for 2 - 3 
>> hours.
>>
>> -- 
>> Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network.  Visit 
>> www.serotek.com to learn more about accessibility anywhere.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Cookinginthedark mailing list
>> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
>> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Cookinginthedark mailing list
> Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
> http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark 

_______________________________________________
Cookinginthedark mailing list
Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
http://acbradio.org/mailman/listinfo/cookinginthedark



More information about the Cookinginthedark mailing list