[CnD] cooking egg plant

Sisi Ben-Simon firebolt at netvision.net.il
Wed Feb 22 21:08:03 GMT 2012

Hi Bill,

your question is not stupid at all. I'm not sure about how to cook leak and
squash. Anyway, it's not necesary to peal eggplants before cooking. You wash
them up, cut off the stems, chop them to big bite size cubes because they
shrink somewhat while they cook so don't cut them too small. It is
recommended but only optional to sprincle salt over the eggplant in a bowl
and leave them for about 20-30 minutes. Then you wash and dry them with a
papertowel. This is done to get rid of the little seads and some bitter
taste. Again that's optional. I do it sometimes, not always.

hth
Sisi