[CnD] Basic Quinoa

information for gwen informationforgwen at verizon.net
Thu Feb 23 01:03:19 GMT 2012

you can cook quinoa quie nicely in the rice cooker. if the quinoa has been pre rinsed, it will list it on the bag. if you get yours from bob's red mill, which i have seen at wal-mart, it is pre-rinsed.
you can use it as a substitute for rice; i.e. put chili over it, and there are some books with recipes for using it in baked goods.
it is the only "grain" which has a full compliment of total protein. it is actually from the spinach family.