[CnD] Mushroom Italia

Becky Griffith rebeccawelz at astound.net
Tue Feb 28 03:26:24 GMT 2012

I made this for dinner tonight and wanted to share.  I only used about ½ cup
of the parm cheese and it was plenty for our taste.

Becky

Mushroom Italia

30 minute meal

Ingredients:

2 cups chicken stock

1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 shallots, finely chopped

4 garlic cloves, finely chopped

½ lb shitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced

½ lb crannini mushrooms, wiped down with a damp towel and thinly sliced

Salt and black pepper

3 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons flour

1 cup dry white wine

2 packages fresh linguini from refrigerated case

¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped

1 cup parmesan cheese

Directions:

1.	Place the stock and dry mushrooms in a small pot and bring to a
simmer. Let the mushrooms steep for 5 minutes.
2.	Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
3.	Heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat with the olive
oil.  Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Then add the
shitake and crannini mushrooms and continue to cook until they are browned
(7-8 minutes).  Season with salt and pepper.
4.	Move the mushrooms to the side of the pan and add the butter to the
center.  Once the butter is melted add the flour and allow to cook for 1
minute.  Add in the wine.
5.	Carefully remove the porcini mushrooms from the stock with a slotted
spoon.  Then whisk all but the last few spoonfuls of the stock into the
sauce.  Coarsely chop the porcini and add to the sauce.  Reduce the heat to
a simmer.
6.	Salt the pasta water and add the linguini.  Cook for 2-3 minutes
until aldente.
7.	Using tongs transfer the linguini to the sauce and toss in the
parsley and cheese.  Adjust the salt and pepper.