[CnD] Recipe Request Brunswick Stew

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 29 19:20:56 GMT 2012

here is two recipies:
Brunswick Stew

Ingrediants:

1 stewing chicken, approx. 6 lbs

2 lrg. Onions, sliced

4 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped

3 med. Potatoes, diced

4 cups corn

2 cups cut okra

2 cups lima beans

3 Tbsp. Salt

1 tsp. Pepper

1 Tbsp. Sugar

Instructions:

Cut chicken in pieces and simmer, covered, in 2 quarts water until

Meat can be easily removed from bones, about 2 hours.  Remove

Chicken and set aside to cool.  Add vegetables to the broth and

Simmer, uncovered until beans and potatoes are tender, about 45

Minutes.  Stir occasionally to prevent scorching, if too thick add an

Additional quart of water.  Remove chicken meat from bones and dice.

Add diced chicken, salt, pepper and sugar to pot.  Heat through.

Flavor improves when refrigerated overnight and reheated following day.

8-10 servings.

********

Brunswick Stew
Ingredients
5 ounces Heinz 57 sauce
5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
5 ounces A-1 Sauce
1 gallon creamed corn
1 gallon crushed tomatoes
1/2 gallon ketchup
4 large onions, chopped
1 pound lima beans
12 potatoes, peeled and diced
3 pounds lean pork
3 pounds ground beef
2 6-pound hens
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1/2 cup chicken base
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Using a 5- to 6- gallon sauce pot and enough water to cover, boil
chickens until tender, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and pork
in a heavy skillet until brown and drain away all grease. Remove cooked
chicken from bone. Use chicken stock to cook potatoes, lima beans and
onions. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Add ketchup
and tomatoes and bring back to a boil. Add all meats and corn and bring
back to a boil, stirring constantly. Add A-1, Worcestershire, Heinz 57,
Tabasco, chicken base and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 1 to
1-1/2 hours. Yield: About 5 gallons.
****

"...And this I pray...
Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours;
Everything I am, For Your Kingdom's Cause...Hossanna"
~Sugar