[CnD] Recipe Request Brunswick Stew
dd-wells at att.net
Wed Feb 29 19:37:36 GMT 2012
1 (5 lb) stewing hen
1 (3 lb) chuck roast, cooked -cooled, and shredded
1 (3 lb) pork loin roast -cooked, cooled, and -shredded
5 cup Beef broth
3 (16 oz) cans whole tomatoes -undrained and chopped
2 (12 oz) cans whole kernel -corn
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
3 large Onions, chopped
1 ½ cup Catsup
½ cup Vinegar
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Hot sauce
1 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Lemon juice
1. Place chicken in a large dutch oven; add water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from broth; cool.
4. Bone chicken, and grind meat using coarse blade of meat grinder.
5. Transfer 5 cups chicken broth to a large
stockpot; reserve remaining broth for use in other recipes.
6. Add ground chicken and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours.
9. Ladle stew into individual bowls, and serve hot.
10. Yield: about 1 ½ gallons
At 02:09 PM 2/29/2012, you wrote:
>I went to a restaurant last week which featured Brunswick Stew.
>I had a cup and enjoyed it very much.
>Does anyone have a recipe which they have used?
>Thanks for any help.
>Cookinginthedark mailing list
>Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
More information about the Cookinginthedark