[CnD] Recipe Request Brunswick Stew

Danny wells dd-wells at att.net
Wed Feb 29 19:37:36 GMT 2012

Brunswick Stew

Six Servings

Ingredients:

1   (5 lb) stewing hen
1   (3 lb) chuck roast, cooked   -cooled, and shredded
1   (3 lb) pork loin roast  -cooked, cooled, and  -shredded
5 cup Beef broth
3   (16 oz) cans whole tomatoes    -undrained and chopped
2   (12 oz) cans whole kernel    -corn
1   (15 oz) can tomato sauce
3 large Onions, chopped
1 ½ cup Catsup
½ cup Vinegar
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Hot sauce
1 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Lemon juice

Procedures:

1. Place chicken in a large dutch oven; add water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from broth; cool.
4. Bone chicken, and grind meat using coarse blade of meat grinder.
5. Transfer 5 cups chicken broth to a large
stockpot; reserve remaining broth for use in other recipes.
6. Add ground chicken and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours.
9. Ladle stew into individual bowls, and serve hot.
10. Yield: about 1 ½ gallons