[CnD] removing bones and skin from canned salmon

Lois w5mut at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 29 21:06:11 GMT 2012

This is how my husband does it.
Open the can, remove the lid and empty the can in your hand, to drain the oil. Lay the salmon in a flatbottom bowl. Start breaking it apart slowly, you will run across the spine and that is what needs to be removed, they are small pieces that usually run the length of the can. Usually there will be only one of these, if you have missed any, when you break apart the salmon you will feel them. As far as skin, i guess I have never noticed, but I would think if there is any it would be rather slick feeling.