[CnD] Thank you for a great Recipe

ellen telker emtelk at optonline.net
Sat Aug 30 22:02:00 EDT 2014

Just wanted to let you know that the Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake which somebody sent a while ago was a great hit.  I have another similar recipe from this list called Blueberry Buckle which turned out well when I made it 2 weeks ago.  The only differences are that the Coffee Cake has a glaze and 2 cups of blueberries and the Buckle has 1.  I decided to make the Coffee Cake for our Herb Crafters pot luck Monday night and debated about making the glaze because I'm never sure if I can spread it evenly all over the cake.  Thanks to another list member's encouragement a while ago that people will eat things even if they don't look perfect I went ahead with the glaze.  Well, they loved the cake and wanted to know where I got the recipe.  They asked if I could email it which I have done.  I asked about the glaze and they said they could not see it so it obviously soaked right into the warm cake.  The additional blueberries made it a much softer more fruity cake.  I made it in a glass pie plate and it rose nicely so that the middle was taller than the pan.  They did not cut it in wedges like a pie but made small pieces.  There were only 10 people there and there were other deserts, cookies and a zucchini bread so I was very pleased when I got home and found that there were only a few crumbs in the middle and 4 small pieces around the edge left.  Thank you for a keeper recipe.
Ellen