[CnD] parmesan chicken-fried steak
cookdark6 at suddenlink.net
Wed Oct 1 10:49:25 EDT 2014
I got this from another list. sounds good.
parmesan chicken-fried steak
From: Pilsbury Doughboy Family Pleasing Recipes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 pound boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into 4 pieces
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup half-and-half or milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1. In shallow dish, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Place milk in second shallow dish. In third shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese and oregano; mix well.
2. To flatten each piece of steak, place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound steak with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap.
3. Dip each steak piece in flour mixture to coat. Dip in milk; dip in bread crumb mixture to coat.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add steak; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove steak from skillet; cover to keep warm.
5. To make gravy, melt butter in same skillet. With wire whisk, stir in 1 tablespoon flour; cook and stir until light brown. Add all remaining gravy ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Serve gravy over steak.
Email; cookdark6 at suddenlink.net
More information about the Cookinginthedark