[CnD] Cookinginthedark Digest, Vol 61, Issue 1

betty hatton httnbtty at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 13:16:38 EDT 2014

Just sharing, my vision teacher gave me a round piece of glass I drop in water when I am boiling something!
Then when I hear it hitting the sides it tells me it is boiling! SO my first time at boiling something again
I started out with a egg! I always use medium heat with my cooking! So with my timer and the round glass
that I drop in the pan of water! I turn my timer on 5 minutes checked it then 5 minutes again
by then it was poping the sides of the pan meaning the water was boiling! As soon as it boiled, I just
turned my eye off and let the egg set about 10 more minutes in the hot water and it was done!
Back when I had better vision I thought the egg would have to boil 3-5 minutes but no if you
let your egg set in the hot water at least 10 minutes after you cook it it will be done and it was so easy!