[CnD] egg plant

Sandy sugar1991 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 25 06:17:00 EST 2015

I love that baba gnish and would love to know how to prepare it. I would
peel the entire eggplant using a carrot peeler, then slice it; now to get
rid of the bitterness, here is how my mother used to do it!
You sprinkle a plate with salt, layer slices of eggplant on it, then more
salt, more slices, and continue until no more eggplant left. then salt on
top and take a plate, invert it, and put it on top of the other plate with
the eggplant slices.
Then, when doing this, it is best to do it in the sink, set something heavy
on top, like a big heavy jug of water, let it set for 2 or so hours, then
remove it and upper plate, and drain plate, and pic up slices and gently
squeeze out the liquid, and prepare with your recipe.
Now, is it necessary to peel the eggplant?

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment!