[CnD] spaghetti questions

Jan zarf2001 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 25 21:35:24 EST 2015

Pasta pots are wonderful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-bounces at acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 1:37 AM
To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org; brenda mueller
Subject: Re: [CnD] spaghetti questions

Maybe you have the skill to not need a pasta pot.  However, it is a personal
choice, and those who feel the necessity for such an item should never be
belittled for their lack of skill or their desire to do the task safely in a
way that they are comfortable doing.  I, for one, am lousy at using a
stovetop, especially if gas is used.  But I can make spaghetti, and find
that it takes 10 minutes to get it cooked.  If I only cooked it for 5
minutes as you suggest, it would be gummy and undercooked.  I do find it
problematic to pour the contents from a hot pan into another container to
drain it, so one of these pasta pots would really be what I need to safely
get it cooked and drained.  But, again, your message seems to belittle those
who aren't as skilled as you, which is totally unnecessary, and may offend
some list members.

you! really! are! finished!