[CnD] question about making hamburgers

brenda mueller brendin at smart2.net
Mon Feb 16 22:11:38 EST 2015

Now as for me, I like a hamburger to be made of good juicy
hamburger.  I certainly wouldn't put all that stuff in a
hamburger.  I'd rather have a little bit of something good than a
lot of whatever.
I usually get a pound of ground meat and get four or five
hamburgers out of it.  I make my hamburger balls, put one on a
plate, stack another plate on top, and press down to get the
thickness I want. the patty comes out even that way. I wrap the
patties I'm going to store individually in foil.  I label a
zip-lock large enough to hold the batch, label the bag, put the
patties I want to be stored inside, and freeze them.  Putting one
frozzen patty in the refrigerator the night before will have it
thawed in plenty of time to use it the next day.

Now once I knew a blind couple that owned a farm; they had some
cows and pigs among other things.  One day the lady gave me some
steaks and hamburger from a freshly killed cow.  That meat had
never been frozzen.  Those were the best hamburgers and steaks
that I ever ate; freshly butchered and cooked right away!    I
sure like my hamburgers and cheese burgers almost as much as my
coffee! (grin.).

Brenda Mueller

<cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
<williams4895 at bellsouth.net>, 'Lovette Yewchan'
<lyewchan at telus.net
>Date sent: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 23:04:37 +0000
>Subject: Re: [CnD] question about making hamburgers

>I would do Italian bread crumbs or cracker meal instead of
oatmeal.

Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark at acbradio.org> wrote:

>> Hi there.
>> Does anyone know if it is safe to make patties and freeze them
raw with onions egg and oatmeal?