[CnD] Cream Cheese Potato Bake
hwhitehead at cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 3 07:20:47 EST 2015
Cream Cheese Potato Bake
A creamy, dreamy, fully-loaded mashed potato casserole your guests and
family will enjoy.
4 large (approximately 2 pounds) baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon snipped parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water about 20 to 25 minutes or until
tender. Drain well.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Beat with
an electric mixer on high speed until well combined.
3. Add hot potatoes, 2 or 3 pieces at a time, beating on high speed after
each addition until mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add celery, green onion, butter, green pepper, parsley, salt, garlic
powder, and pepper; beat on low speed until well combined. Beat in enough
of desired consistency.
5. Spoon the mixture into a 1 quart buttered casserole. Sprinkle lightly
6. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is heated
through and the top is golden.
Makes 8 servings.
More information about the Cookinginthedark