[CnD] question about vegetable steamers

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Wed Mar 4 12:56:10 EST 2015

There's another type, the type that I prefer. It consists of an electrical unit with a timer that has a drip tray that sits over the water bowl to catch drippings, along with a basket to hold the food that sits on top and a lid. Dot markers on the timer knob are all it takes to make this type accessible. Some have a pair of stackable baskets and/or a small bowl for steaming rice. The one I have (with a broken timer knob I seem unable to be able to replace) was made by Magic Chef but I know other folks that have similar ones made by Black & Decker. The drip tray, lid, and food basket or baskets are all dishwasher safe and the base unit can be cleaned, after cooling, with no problem, as it only holds water.