[CnD] a request for a recipe for teriyaki
sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 23 16:39:06 EDT 2015
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
An easy homemade teriyaki sauce recipe made from pantry staples. This sauce is bold and thick and is great as a marinade or as a sauce served with your favorite meats.
• 1 cup water
• 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1-2 tablespoons honey
• 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 cup cold water
1. Combine the 1 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the 1/4 cup water and whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
3. Heat the sauce until it thickens to your desired thickness. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more water to thin it out.
slightly adapted from Food.com
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe - Taste and Tell
"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries.
Today's trouble is enough for today."
From: Anna Globe via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark at acbradio.org]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 1:06 PM
To: cooking in the dark
Subject: [CnD] a request for a recipe for teriyaki
Hello there, does anyone have a recipe for teriyaki sauce?
Please join us at the following address angelsongs-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Cookinginthedark mailing list
Cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
More information about the Cookinginthedark