[CnD] Steaks

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Mon Apr 20 00:38:26 EDT 2015

Dressing a steak will improve your quality and bring out the flavor nicely. There are multiple ways to dress a steak, but this is what I do.
First I pour out a little (as in, maybe a tablespoon for two or three steaks) of EVOO or another good quality cooking oil on a flat surface, like a plate. I place the steak down on it and turn it over. Then I rub a bit of kosher salt, garlic powder (be sparing) and black pepper into the slab of cow. Then I flip it over and to this again, and then repeat with the second steak. Then I put both of them in the fridge and let them sit in there for a couple of hours. This works on the better cuts, like T-bones, porterhouses, ribeyes, sirloin steaks, Filet Mignon, and other softer meats like the strip steaks. Tougher steaks need a more acidic marinade in the fridge to start to break up the bonds in the meat to turn out a more tender result.