[CnD] cooking with a field onion

Jennifer Chambers jennilee99 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 23:10:06 EDT 2015

It sounds like a Vidalia onion, Nancy.  If it is, you may indeed treat
it like any other onion.  Vidalias are "sweeter" than other onions.
If you cannot use the whole thing, chop what you will not be using,
season with salt and pepper, and anything else you like, saute it,
then put into freezer bags.  It'll keep about a month in the freezer.
I do this with bell pepper as well.  I divide the sauteed vegetables
into portions I may need, (such as use in scrambled egs, etc), and
that way I don't have to be concerned with trying to break off frozen
bits.

Jennifer

On 5/1/15, Nancy Martin via Cookinginthedark