[CnD] Mrs. Turbyfill's Chicken Dressing (2 variations)

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Sun May 10 19:57:36 EDT 2015

This is, hands down, the best one I've ever eaten. It's a family tradition and even family members who've divorced out of the family make it every year. Note that there are two very similar recipes below -- this is a traditional country style recipe, so it's more of a seat of the pants recipe, and she describes it a bit differently each time someone asks her how to make it. The legend for amount abbreviations is at the end after the second recipe.
      Title: Mrs. Turbyfill's Chicken Dressing Version 1
 Categories: Side Dish, holiday, poultry
   Servings: 8

      ½ ea whole chicken, deboned and torn into small pieces
      4 ea chicken bullion
      4 tb  butter
      2 ea onions, chopped
      3 ea stalks celery
      2 Pk corn bread mix (not corn muffin)  cooked
      4 ea slices dry white bread
      1 ts poultry seasoning
      4 ea boiled eggs, chopped
          Salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken in water with chicken bouillon cubes until tender. Cool and remove from bones.  Save broth. Tear up bread and cornbread.
Preheat oven to 350°.  Sauté onions and celery in the butter to soften them and speed cooking time.
Mix all ingredients together.  Add broth.  If too dry, add water.  Cook in greased dish until celery and onions are done. Does not freeze well because of boiled eggs.
Source: Mary Turbyfill
-----
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master  ™  v7.07

Title: Mrs. Turbyfill's Chicken Dressing Version 2
 Categories: Side Dish, holiday, poultry
   Servings: 8

      ½ ea whole chicken, deboned and torn into small pieces
    4-5 ea chicken bullion cubes
      4 tb  butter
     1½ Lg onions, lightly sautéed
      2 ea stalks celery
      2 pk cornbread mix (not sweet)
      4 ea slices white bread
      1 ts poultry seasoning
    5-6 boiled eggs
      - -- Salt & pepper to taste

Cook chicken in water with chicken bouillon cubes until tender. Cool and remove from bones.  Save broth. Tear up bread and cornbread.
Preheat oven to 350°.  Sauté onions and celery in the butter to soften them and speed cooking time.
Mix all ingredients together.  Add broth.  If too dry, add water.  Cook in greased dish until celery and onions are done. Does not freeze well because of boiled eggs.
Source: Mary Turbyfill
-----

Legend of unit of measure codes
bn	bunch