[CnD] breading/baking cube steak

rebecca manners rebeccamanners at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 08:12:46 EDT 2015

Yes you can. I even have a recipe which doesn't require breading. I've tried
it once before, and I thought it turned out well.

I'm pasting it below my signature.

Enjoy.

Becky Manners

Comforting Cube Steaks
. 4 (4 ounce) cube steaks
. 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
. 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
. 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
. 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch
baking dish.
2. Season the steaks on both sides with Cajun seasoning and black pepper.
Place the steaks into the prepared baking dish. Pour the lemon-lime beverage
over them. Combine the cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix, and
pour
over the steaks.
3. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until meat reaches desired
doneness. Do not open the oven door during the first hour of cooking. Serve
steaks with gravy spooned over.