[CnD] Orange Biscuits

Penny Reeder penny.reeder at gmail.com
Thu May 14 20:20:51 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,
Kathy asked me to post this recipe on the list. It's not quite the
same as the recipe I remember making in my 7th-grade home ec class
(which was something I had brought up on FaceBook -- long story...),
but these are delicious, and it's the result that counts!

To make biscuits, combine 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp.
salt. Cut in 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter. Stir in 2/3 cup
cold milk. Combine until mixture becomes a ball (I do all of these
steps with the food processor). Pat or roll out to a 1/2-inch thick
rectangle. Cut with biscuit cutter. Place biscuits close together in
8-inch square or round pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Now, for the orange variation:
	ORANGE BISCUITS
1.	Combine the following ingredients in saucepan, and cook for 2 minutes:
	1/4 cup butter;
	1/2 cup orange juice; and
	1/2 cup sugar.

2.	Pour mixture into 8" square pan.

3.	Make biscuit dough (See recipe above).  Pat out 1/2" thick, and
sprinkle dough with 1 cup raisins, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 tsp.
cinnamon.  Roll up, jelly-roll style, and slice into 12 biscuits.
Place in pan with syrup.

4.	Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes.  Serve piping hot.

Enjoy!
Penny