[CnD] zucchini and ground beef casserole

rebecca manners rebeccamanners at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 18:10:41 EDT 2015

This is baking in the oven as I write this. I substituted half a cup onion and half a cup sliced baby carrots for the celery. I browned the onion with the meat and browned the carrots with the zucchini. I also increased the cheese.

Enjoy.

Becky Manners

ZUCCHINI & GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. chopped celery
2 c. sliced zucchini
Salt & pepper
1 (8 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sugar
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Brown beef and celery in skillet, remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Saute zucchini in pan drippings until lightly browned; remove with slotted spoon.
In greased 1 1/2 quart casserole alternate layers of beef mixture and zucchini. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Stir together tomatoes, Worcestershire
sauce and sugar; pour over casserole. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until bubbly.