[CnD] binders for taco casseroles?

Alex Hall mehgcap at icloud.com
Thu Aug 6 17:35:13 EDT 2015

Hi all,
One of my favorite dishes in the world is taco meat, a lot of cheddar cheese, and white rice. Not the healthiest thing for me, I know, but it's wonderful and a good way of using up taco leftovers if you're out of shells. What I want to do is beef it up (pun intended) and turn it into a casserole, with onion, pepper, beans, and such. The recipes I've found all call for crushed tortilla chips, which I don't want, and refried beans, which I don't like. I'd like to find a different binder for this dish--instead of beans--and a way of using rice instead of chips. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd be willing to cook and mash beans instead of using the canned kind, but a different binder entirely would be preferable. Thanks!

--
Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehgcap at icloud.com