[CnD] Baby's Applesauce

ellen telker emtelk at optonline.net
Sat Nov 14 19:28:27 EST 2015

At the first ACB auction I got a book called 365 Recipes for the Microwave which I use a lot.  I always bake my potatoes, but the bag I have now has some small ones so I wanted to do something different.  While looking for the potato recipe, I found this which I thought might be helpful if you live alone or have a couple of apples which are past their prime or have the misfortune of having some dental work done.  I made it tonight and it's still hot so I just took a taste, but I liked it.  If you like things sweet, you will probably want to add sugar.
Baby's Applesauce
Prep time: 5 minutes (They must be very speedy because it took me longer)
Cooking time: 4 to 5 minutes
Makes about 1 cup.

2 cooking apples
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or water

Peel apples.  Cut out cores.  Cut apples into cubes and place in a 1 quart casserole dish add juice or water; I also added 1/8 tsp. nutmeg.  Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are very soft.  Place in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.  Strain if necessary.
Store in covered jar in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze.