[CnD] Smooth pecan pie filling?

Alex Hall mehgcap at icloud.com
Fri Nov 20 15:27:51 EST 2015

Hi all,
I really, really love can pie. My sister recently made one, only her second attempt, and it tasted very eggy. I would compare it to a custard pie, with the small bits of egg and the egg flavor you’d expect. However, when I get this pie in a restaurant, the filling is very smooth, more like the texture of pumpkin pie than custard. (Yes, I know pumpkin pie is a custard, but it’s totally smooth whereas custard is eggy.) Does anyone know of a pecan pie filling recipe that’s not eggy and that would come out smooth? Hopefully I’m making sense. Thanks.