[CnD] Smooth pecan pie filling?

Regina Marie reginamariemusic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:31:20 EST 2015

SOUTHERN PECAN PIE
INGREDIENTS
Servings 8
•	1 cup sugar
•	1 and 1half  cups corn syrup  (I use half  dark and half light)
•	4 eggs
•	1 fourth cup butter
•	1 and 1 half teaspoons vanilla
•	1  and 1 half cups pecans
Unbaked deep dish pie shell

DIRECTIONS
1.	In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
2.	In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
3.	At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free. (Use a cheesecloth or wire screen strainer.)
4.	Stir in butter, vanilla and pecans. Pour into crust. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 45-60 minutes or until set.

*smile*
Regina Marie
Phone: 916-877-4320
Email: reginamariemusic at gmail.com