[CnD] Question: spreading butter, jam, or cheese on a piece of bread

Parham Doustdar parham90 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:57:23 EST 2015

Hi,

This has been bugging me for a while, so I wonder if anyone has
developed their own personalized technique for this.

When I want to spread something on a piece of bread, I face two problems:

1. Without using my hands, I'm not sure how much of the butter, cheese
or whatever I've picked with my knife, or in some cases, my spoon.
2. Even though I have tried putting whatever I want to spread in the
center of the bread and spreading it to the sides (I've read this
technique somewhere on the net), the cheese or butter doesn't get spread
evenly.

How do you guys solve these two problems?

Thanks!