[CnD] Question: spreading butter, jam, or cheese on a piece of bread

Victoria E Gilkerson vegilkerson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:34:57 EST 2015

Tom, I know what you mean and what you are saying.

I don't like to make a fool of myself and there have been many times I have not eaten the particular thing so I would not be made the laughing stock.

I can well remember in school when we used to get cartons of milk daily.  Rather than be imbarrassed or get laughed at because I couldn't open the cartons, I would simply give my milk away.  Finally I had the courage to tell my mother and she showed me how to open the cartons.  She wasn't the most patient in those matters.

Getting back to your sandwich eilemma, if you are with friends that can see, you can always ask them to do it.  There is no shame in that.  You don't have to go without the spreads you want on you’re sandwiches because of feeling inadequate to be able to spread them.  If you are in a restaurant and you are alone, you can always ask the wait staff to fix it.  Just like asking them to cut meat for you before they bring food to the table.

I hope this gives you some encouragement.

Victoria