[CnD] Brussels Sprout Salad

ellen telker emtelk at optonline.net
Mon Dec 28 07:55:31 EST 2015

I got this recipe from my best friend from high school.  She lives in upstate New York so we now communicate by phone and e-mail.  When we talked on Thanksgiving, she said she had made this salad and that she likes it because she can do it ahead of time.  Her husband likes to cook, and he doesn't want her in the kitchen when he's working.
Brussels Sprout Salad

1 pint fresh brussels sprouts
3/4 cup salad oil
1/4 cup wine vinegar
Brussels Sprout Salad

1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
8 cups torn mixed salad greens
1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled

Cook brussels sprouts in small amount of boiling, lightly salted water about 10 minutes or till barely tender; drain.
In screw top jar combine oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Cover, shake well to mix.
Cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise, pour dressing over. Cover. Chill well.
Combine greens, onion rings, and bacon. Add Brussels sprouts with dressing and toss well.