[CnD] the George foreman grill

Kathy Brandt katya20707 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 22:11:39 EST 2016

I have the most basic George Foreman grill, since it's just me.  It has no
buttons, not even a touch pad.  You give it a good ten minutes to heat up,
and, if a conventional recipes says to grill something on each side for ten
minutes, you do it in the George for half that time, since you're doing both
sides at once.  Even though it's nonstick and supposedly you're not to oil
it, depending on what I'm making I'll put a little garlic grapeseed oil on
or something, for more flavor.  To help with cleaning, after I take my food
out, I wet a paper towel, put onto the grill, and close the lid, so that the
water heats up to help remove what's between the grill slats when you really
go to clean it.

What I had from Cooks Essentials from QVC was really nice, what they made in
cooperation with George foreman, that had buttons to turn on, and timer
buttons that beeped with each press, plus grill would beep when it was ready
to use.  The plug went bad on it though after several years, which is why
don't have it any more.