[CnD] Wieners and Sour Kraut:

Gregory Yorke gyorke at verizon.net
Sat Mar 26 13:40:48 EDT 2016

Let me throw my 2 cents into the soup.
I bake the sausage in the oven for about an hour to get the fat out of it before I put  it into the sour kraut to cook.
Then I put a chopped onion in the sour kraut.
 My Grand Mother told me to put a tablespoon or 2 of whole uncooked barley in to thicken the juice before you start to cook the sour kraut.
Not more than a tablespoon or 2.
The apple gives a nice touch also, it does sweeten the sour kraut a little.