[CnD] Filling Muffin Tins

Penny Reeder penny.reeder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:02:17 CEST 2016

This is how I fill muffin tins. What you need is a funnel. The funnel that works for filling muffin tins is called a canning funnel -- also sometimes a "jar filler." It has a wide top and a wide opening at the bottom, wide enough to fit inside a half-pint-size canning jar. Stick the funnel inside each greased muffin cup, scoop in a third-to-a-half cup of batter, then move on to the next muffin cup. It also helps to cover the top of the pan with a light film of oil or butter so it's easy to remove any cooked-on batter drips. The canning funnel -- make sure to buy one made of metal! -- is also a perfect biscuit and round cookie cutter, and an excellent guide for distributing pancake batter into a griddle.HTH, Penny

Sent from my iPhone