[CnD] suggestions needed

olb at rogers.com olb at rogers.com
Tue Apr 26 13:27:41 CEST 2016

John, here is the method taught to me by my mother when I was 8 years old.

If what you want to dice is more oval or long than round, and let's add
square in shape like luncheon meat, cut vertically with a good sharp
vegetable knife into strips.

Then turn the strips 90 degrees, or so that the cut edges are lined up
perpendicularly. Then cut from right to left while the meat or vegetable
strips are still on the counter.  Depending upon the size of dice you want,
for small, cut moving the knife very slightly as you go across, making small
strips; then do the same when you turn the meat or veg around.  Do this
turning using both hands and carefully moving the whole slice as described
above.

To dice round vegetables or meat, slice one slice at a time, and dice as
described above.

Hope this helps.

CB:  The Old Leather Bat