[CnD] potroast in the electric pressure cooker

Charis Austin charis533 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:20:37 CEST 2016

Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
Source: www.pressurecookingtoday.com

If you want to add vegetables, add them at the end. Feel free to email me off list if you have questions.

Cook meat 20 min. per pound.

•	3 1/2 lb. Beef Chuck or Rump Roast
•	1 tablespoon vegetable oil
•	1 large onion, roughly chopped
•	1 1/2 cup water or beef broth (I used water with a Swanson Beef Flavor Boost packet.)
•	2 bay leaves

Directions

1.	Pat roast dry and season liberally with Lemon Pepper (or your favorite seasoning).
2.	Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning (or Saute on the Instant Pot). When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat on both sides. Remove roast from the cooking pot and add onions, water and bay leaves. Put roast back in the cooking pot on top of the onions.
3.	Select High Pressure. Set timer for 70 minutes. (Should reach high pressure in about 10 minutes.) When beep sounds turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release to release pressure (approximately 20 minutes). You can also use a Natural Pressure for 10 minutes, followed by Quick Pressure Release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
4.	Remove roast to a serving platter. Strain juices and discard onion and bay leaves. Thicken juices in cooking pot on simmer with a slurry of water and flour or cornstarch to make gravy.

Charis Austin
Charis533 at gmail.com