[CnD] Cooking pot roast.

Jennifer Chambers jennilee99 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:05:15 CEST 2016

Hi Kimsan,

You might want to season the roast with a little seasoned salt,
pepper, and onion powder.  Glaric powder, as well, if you like garlic.
Sprinkle the onion soup mix over it.  You can, as was suggested, use a
cookie sheet.  I use an 8-inch square pan, which I line with foil.  I
make a double layer of foil that is large enough to place the pot
roast on and large enough to bring over the top of the roast to seal.
I spray the foil lightly with Pam.  Place the seasoned roast on it.
Take a can of undiluted cream of mushroom soup, pour it over the top
of the roast, then seal the foil.  I bake it as was suggested, at 350
degrees for about an hour.  Sorry, I don't know the internal
temperature it should be.  You might do what I do: After baking it, I
turn off the oven and allow the roast to sit in the oven for about ten
to fifteen minutes.  This allows the meat to reabsorb the juices.

Instead of onion soup mix, you may want to try a packet of dry au jus
sauce.  The aroma will make you weak in the knees.  <Smile>

Jennifer