[CnD] Lasagna

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin577 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:19:17 CEST 2016

Good recipes, but here is a real simple one. This is what we use most of the
time. This is for a 9x9x2 casserole dish. Might not be the fanciest, or the
most flavorful, but it works for our family.

1 pound browned ground meet,
1 jar 24 oz Prego spaghetti sauce, we use meet flavored
6 lasagna noodles
1 pound or so of mozzarella cheese

Dump the sauce in to the browned meet, drain meet first if there is a lot of
fat, use about a 1/4 cup of water to rinse out the jar and dump that in as
well.
Add some sauce/meet mixture to the bottom of the baking dish to help keep
the lasagna from sticking.
Break about 1/3 off two noodles and place all pieces in the dish. Doesn't
have to be pretty, no one sees it.
Layer with more sauce, and then cheese.
next layer of noodles I run perpendicular to the first,

I do three layers, sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese,
sauce, noodles, cheese.

Cover and in my oven I bake at 400 for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for
another 10 or so, and let sit for about 10 before serving.

Bakes long and higher then other recipes because the noodles are not
pre-cooked.

Michael