[CnD] CAROLE'S WESTERN OMELETTE MUFFINS

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 4 13:16:04 CEST 2016

CAROLE’S WESTERN OMELETTE MUFFINS
Servings – 12 “regular-size” muffins
Cost – $3.50 ($0.30 per muffin)

6 large eggs
1/2 cup Bisquick (or make a Bisquick-type mix yourself)
2 ounces ham (I used pancetta) diced into small cubes
1/2 cup grated or shredded hard cheese (I used Asiago.)
1/4 cup onions, minced
1/2 cup red, yellow, green peppers, minced – use 2 colors for
    contrast. (I used yellow and poblano, which are dark green.)
2 tablespoons chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley or cilantro
1/2 -1 teaspoon hot sauce
Oil for greasing muffin pans and for sautéing or frying if you do it
    (or use paper muffin cups.)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Oil the muffin tins well or line them with paper
cups.

Chop the onions, peppers, ham and parsley. Grate or shred the cheese. I love
my
cheese grater – it may be old fashioned, but it never breaks or needs a
battery.

Optional – Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and sauté or fry the onions,
peppers,
and ham for 3-5 minutes until onions start to become transparent.

Mix all the ingredients in the bowl.

Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins.  It should fill each tin about
halfway or
slightly more.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and browned.

Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 1-2 minutes before removing
the
muffins. If you feel resistance, slide a teaspoon underneath the muffin and
it should
pop out.

“I Rather Walk In Darkness With God, Than To Walk Alone In The Light”
-Sugar