[CnD] Potatoes

Abby Vincent aevincent at ca.rr.com
Sat Jun 11 16:50:13 CEST 2016

I love trying different types of potatoes.  Russets are great for the classic baked potato and mashed potatoes. For potato salad, I like half red, half fingerling.  Yukon Golds are great for both baking and salads.  My potato salad has whatever kind of potatoes I have, boiled, sliced, and while hot, adding a bit of Italian dressing.  Peeling is optional.  When they are cool, toss with mayo.  Add chopped celery, black olives, and radishes.  We could have days of threads for mashed potatoes.  The secret is a potato ricer.  You squeeze the cooked potato through a cup with holes, along with slices of butter.  Then stir in salt and optional ingredients such as roasted garlic and pepper.
Abby