[CnD] cooking bacon

Penny Reeder penny.reeder at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:09:48 CEST 2016

Hi, I have been cooking bacon in the oven -- especially when I need to
prepare a lot of bacon for a large group -- for a long time. It
doesn't seem to make an unusual mess in the oven, BUT BE VERY CAREFUL
WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT! Use thick, protective oven mits, and do it
slowly.

A few months ago, I made a big pan of bacon in the oven -- I used the
broiler pan, which is quite shallow. I was not careful as I removed
the pan, and I ended up splashing bacon grease on my hand. It was a
very unpleasant experience!

Penny

On 6/11/16, Lori Castner via Cookinginthedark