[CnD] a mashed potato recipeyou might like

Jeanne Fike jfike636 at charter.net
Sun Jun 12 15:15:51 CEST 2016

Hello,

Below’s my name is a mashed potato recipe I’ve made for my family and first
had it last thanksgiving.

   Jeanne

Classic Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes

>From www.tasteofhome.com

Makes 12 servings (can down size)

Ingredients
5 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
2 large egg whites, beaten
1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions

1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.

2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with cream cheese. Combine the egg
whites, sour cream, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir into potatoes until
blended. Transfer to a greased 3 quart baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.

3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to
350 degrees. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes  longer
or    until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.